SBRotator not worth the hassle anymore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WhatAmI, May 20, 2010.

1. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Over the past year I have bought some 30 apps off Cydia and for the most part I'm happy with every one of them.

I know 0.99 isn't much :cool: but the only one that leaves me feeling a tad ripped off is SBRotator. The concept was really cool and I had waited for this for a long time so I jumped the band wagon as soon as it came out.

The initial version was bug ridden like nothing else but Elias Limneos came through with fixes for the most urgent ones. Lately however, bugs have started to re-appear - unlock the phone and SpringBoard appears in landscape mode not tilting to portrait w/o having to lock and unlock one again - waiting for what seems to be ages for the tilt - and instead of fixing them he's been adding tons of new features. The most recent version from a couple of days ago forces SpringBoard in to safe mode. Yes I've emailed him a couple of times w/o repsonse...

So, has anyone else given up on the concept and uninstalled SBRotator?

2. Orli155 macrumors newbie

Actually for me, the first release was really buggy and I uninstalled it right away, the the one released not long ago 1.5.9-5 I think, works really good and I don't have to wait long for it to rotate, if you look in the "post your winterboard screenshots" thread (most recent post), you can see my theme and stuff. Maybe it's because i have a 3g iPod Touch. I don't know what you have.

3. WhatAmI thread starter macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I have a 3GS w/o Winterboard. Good to hear you're satisfied with it, I may give it a try again once Elias has upped it a few revisions

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have it as well 3GS he updates very regular and responds to bug issues. Working good for me.

5. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I currently have it and I know this is frowned upon in this forum but i got it cracked yesterday to try it, with the full intention of buying it if I like it.
    I really cant deal with the flipping time, and locking ti in landscape mode seems useless when all of apples apps are native to open in portrait an then also have to flip to landscape. Ill be deleting it later today

6. BuStOsAvIcH macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

I have the same problem with unlocking the phone and finding the springboard in landscape mode. I have to keep it in portrait for at least 7-10 seconds before it switches back to portrait mode. For now, I have the SBSettings toggle off and I only turn it on to show people what my Jailbroken iPhone can do that their stock iPhone can't.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just a FYI the cracked version hasn't updated in two three weeks. I know somebody that had it. I tell him everytime mine updates to bug him. Why didn't you do the trial instead. Cracked version sucks.

8. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You can install without paying and try it :D? sweet

I still dont see a use for it if apps native-ly open portrait and switch to landscape... Otherwise I think id go with a landscape phone because thats sick :p

Anybody know a way to make all apps open native-ly to landscape?

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yes lots of cydia apps allow pretrial :rolleyes: then will stop working after so many days. I just like because it's different more less a toy. Though it is useful sometimes.