SBSettings 3.2.1 adding toggles crashes Springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dirkprinsloo, Nov 25, 2010.

1. dirkprinsloo macrumors newbie

My 3G was recently jailbreaked using redsn0w 0.9.6b4. Thus no tethering jailbreak and working Cydia. I installed SBSettings 3.2.1 (The latest one suppose to be working on 4.2.1). After installation and then reboot, I get the following message:

SYSTEM VERSION TOO NEW
    ACTIVATOR HAS NOT BEEN TESTED WITH THIS VERSION OF IOS
    SOME FEATURES MAY NOT WORK AS DESIGNED

I can then only choose to ignore this message or get more info (which does NOT provide more info :)). After ignoring the issue I can start SBSettings by swiping the status bar and everything appears to be working, except for when you turn on a toggle that was not on by default. When you do this and then exit SBSettings, Springboard crashes after it tries to restart Springboard. This puts the device in safe mode.

The only way I can get out of Safe Mode is to remove SBSettings, Activator and sbsettingstoggles from Cydia completely. Has anyone experienced this?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I have an iPhone 4 but no. SBSettings is up-to-date and working well. Sorry.

3. dirkprinsloo thread starter macrumors newbie

I cannot find anything on the internet where users are experiencing the same issue. Thanks QuarterSwede, then on iPhone 4 there are not issues. Any 3G users experiencing this??

4. SergeyPe macrumors newbie

I've got exactly the same behaviour on my 3G yesterday. The following solution was found on one of the forums (can't remember the one).
    1. Uninstall SBSettings, Activator and sbsettingstooggles from Cydia.
    2. Jailbreak again with redsn0w 0.9.6b4.
    3. When Cydia asks to install the upgrades, choose ESSENTIAL only.
    4. Reinstall SBSettings.
    SBSettings works fine since then. I hope Saurik will fix it soon.

5. dirkprinsloo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll give this a go and let you know what the results are.

6. wpotere Guest

SBSettings has likely been updated, but I believe that Activator is still not thus the problems. It has only been a few days, so you will have to give the programmers a chance to get things updated.

7. SergeyPe macrumors newbie

Sure, but I couldn't resist the temptation to try it out at once :p.
    By the way, one of the reasons to move to 4.2 fast was a serious battery drain on 4.1 (as many others have noted). I even moved back to 3.1.3 but nothing changed, so I started to suspect a battery itself. However after upgrading to 4.2 battery life returned to normal which makes me think that it might have been a baseband version.