SBsettings/Activator iOS5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anthdci, Oct 6, 2011.

1. anthdci macrumors 6502

Have these just been updated today? I tried them yesterday and got the usual 1/4 screen for safari, messages etc. So uninstalled.

Tried it today, installed from the bigboss beta repo, then went back into Cydia and it showed an update available for both of them, so I did that and they are working great! It is version 5.0b for sbsettings and 1.5.6-3 for activator.

I have disabled the top bar swipe, and instead set it to be part of notification centre. It's awesome. I'm happy to be on iOS5 now. Tethered doesn't bother me in the slightest.

2. iPagan macrumors regular

I added the BigBoss beta repo(http://thebigboss.org/betarepo) to my Cydia, after I read your post here. Neither SBSettings nor Activator shows the updated version you have posted here? :confused:

I think SBSettings is 3.3.1, and Activator is: 1.5.6. And there is CLEAR warning on Activator's page in Cydia that it is NOT compatible with iOS 5 beta. I guess iOS 5 GM is included.

Would like to know where I have possibly done wrong--is the BigBoss beta repo address I quoted above correct, for instance?

I really miss SBSettings, tbh.

3. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

try installing those versions from the bigboss beta repo. Then respring. Go back into cydia and I had two updates showing taking me to those versions I listed in my first post.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

BBSetting Or UISetting are a bit like SBSettings and both work on ios 5 they just appear in the notification center

5. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried UIsettings, I wasn't that impressed. BBsettings however seems to be brilliant. I have disabled sbsettings and will test it for a couple of days!!

6. Neblinio macrumors member

Neblinio

7. iPagan macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip! I have since added the repo. However, Activator's page still shows a warning about its not being compatible with iOS 5 beta. So I am going to wait a few more days for the formal release of Activator and SBSettings.

And BBSetiings is working fine for me, except the brightness slider is not that responsive.

8. Neblinio macrumors member

Neblinio

If I remember correctly, it doesn't say it's not compatible, it just says iOS 5 is not supported. But it's working fine, unlike some previous releases. Note it's version "1.5.6-3" instead of "1.5.6"

9. cvam1985 macrumors regular

I have to say I'm in love with the new SBSettings - it's exactly how I imagined Notification Center Toggles to be.

That being said, it was pretty tough to configure, and some of the settings don't work (anyone had luck hiding the toggle labels yet???) And I wouldn't mind the icons being a bit smaller.

And Activator doesn't work while the phone is locked. With iOS4 that was one of the best features - just slide the bar on the lock screen and there you have it. I've disabled Activator completely until this feature is fixed. It seems close - you can swipe on the lock screen, then unlock, and there is SBSettings pop-up window.

This was the last piece of the iOS 5 jailbreak puzzle for me (other than Untethered, of course...) - I just discovered FakeClockUp and it works great. My phone really does feel brand new.

Attached Files:

10. nirav8miles macrumors newbie

SBsetting in IOS 5 -- doesnt pop out in lock screen

Hello Guys

Please suggest is there any configuration needs to be done for that ? i can t get the pop out of sbsettings in IOS 5 when the fon is in lock screen mode.

But once i unlock it pops out ,,

Is there any specific setting needs to be done or is it a BUG ?

Thanks

Nirav :rolleyes: