Sbsettings and data !

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by roxxette, Jan 23, 2012.

1. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Not sure if these was posted or known but whe all know that ios 5 and the iphone 4s scrapped the "edge" part on the network settings but i found out that if you have sbsettings installed and turn off the 3G toogle it will indeed override and stay on edge if available , if not then no data :)

2. MastahRiz, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Did you check the speed? Or does it just show the E instead of 3G? this would be really cool but I just thought I read that the 4S is incapable of using the EDGE network at all.

EDIT: You're right, I just checked and got 1.46Mbps on 3G and 0.12 on Edge with the SBSettings 3G toggled off.

Great find!

Thanks.

3. roxxette thread starter macrumors 68000

roxxette

Yes sir it does work , massive battery improvement when 3g speed are not needed !!!

4. speedyfv macrumors member

Its on and off for me. When i turn off 3G through SBS Settings sometimes i will lose all reception and get a message saying my phone cannot locate a cellular network and sometimes it will run on Edge.

5. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I've been looking for!

Now if someone could just figure out how to
    remove the photos from photo stream then we
    have no reason to update to 5.1!

6. chrisvee macrumors regular

I can also confirm that EDGE works on the 4S. I don't really need 3G at work, so EDGE is perfect! Good enough for iMessage!

I'm actually using BBSettings instead of SBSettings though. It's strictly a notification center widget, and it looks much cleaner - in my opinion of course. :rolleyes: