SBSettings crash when select 'More'

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LMD75, Apr 10, 2011.

1. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Every time I select 'More' from SBSettings, it crashes after a couple of seconds. A complete reboot usually fixes the problem until I reopen the app.

Its normally fine when a banner ad is present but always crashes when there is no banner, ie just a blank space.
    I do not have any ad blocking software installed. I'm on 4.2.1 GP untethered and have uninstalled /reinstalled SBS 3.2.1

Anyone come across this problem?

2. dellAbait macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Saw it once yesterday ... 4.3.1 redsnow untethered. Ad went away and it crashed to the homescreen. Will watch too see if it happens again but they might need to tweak it a bit.

3. gonzalohigua macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

happend to me! i just unnistall it and activator too, restart and install both again now works fine.

4. LMD75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks both. Will try uninstalling Activator as well.

5. LMD75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Uninstalled Activator, SBS and a bunch other apps that depend on it, reinstalled but still getting same problem.

If the ad banner is displayed then it does not crash, but if it does not display, then it crashes.

There was an update to MobileSubstrate a few days ago and was wondering if this has anything to do with it?

Any other suggestions?

Its not that important as the only thing I need to access in 'More' is to change the theme. This can be done quickly before it crashes.

6. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

7. mrlowkey macrumors member

Greetings from the tiny island of Singapore...long time lurker..1st time member here at your awesome forum...

LMD75 is correct in his observation abt the banner display being active...my sbsettings kept crashing like you all have been experiencing...i went 1 step further and put my unit in airplane mode ( no wifi no 3g) in order to prevent the ad banner trying to connect to the internet...it worked..

I could now click on "more" and do whatever changes I needed...no more crashing...followed by the std respring..
    After the respring the changes were made

...then I turned OFF airplane mode and went into sbsettings again ..and it crashed again...which could mean that the ad banner thingy was unable to connect to its server which automatically shutdown sbsettings.

Hope this methods works for you.

8. gonzalohigua macrumors newbie

somehow iam with that problem again, today when i type more in sbssettings after a few seconds sbssettings close..