SBsettings just screwed up on me

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by globalist, Oct 24, 2009.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

Hi, if anyone have an easy solution - other than a DFU restore - I would really appreciate it.

Basically I apparently didn't wait for one icon press in SBSettings to finish doing its thing - turning off Location Services - and immediately pressed another icon - turn off WiFi. SBSettings then froze on me and the only way I can get out of it is to double-press the home button to get to the camera.

Now my SBSettings made my springboard really unresponsive and I cannot launch any apps from it. Also the individual screens are not aligned on the device screen. For instance, when I swipe to the search screen I get this:

[​IMG]

I cannot launch any springboard app so I cannot uninstall SBSettings to fix this. Hard-reboot doesn't help either.

I was thinking, maybe I can try to SSH into the device and delete SBSettings manually? Anyone know if this is possible and where exactly to find it?

Thanks!

2. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK, I just realized it's actually Winterboard that's acting up. I went to

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries

and deleted the two winterboard files and all is fine, but of course I now do not have Winterboard, although the app icon is there.

What's the safest way to get it up and running again? Should I just redownload from Rock (I'm not using Cydia) and reapply the themes?

Edit: Yes, first uninstall then reinstall Winterboard fixed all my problems. I guess you can close this thread and leave it for posterity. :)