SBSettings not what it used to be...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by xraytech, Oct 10, 2010.

1. xraytech macrumors 68020

Is it me or has SBSettings become less and less stable with every iOS update and JailBreak.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Click edit, them 'Go Advanced" and edit the title yourself.

What was your real question again? SBSsettings works fine on mine

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Consistently find it to be one of the most stable tweaks I run, on both iPhone and iPad...

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

SBSettings is very stable for me, I've never had it crash on me.

5. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

In my experience, you sacrifice some stability when you jailbreak, period.

Having done so out of necessity with my 3G--and put up with a measure of flakiness as a result--and then gotten what I wanted out-of-the-box in the 4, I really don't see why JB'ing is of much continuing interest to folks. But that's just me.

6. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the responses.

After two restores, I've found that there's a conflict between Activator and SBSettings. The issue is after a reboot via SBSettings none of my Apps would launch. Same thing would happen with Activator.

The issue is resolved when I install one or the other by itself. Not sure if SBSettings or Activator is at fault. So I've decided to not use SBSettings.

7. Ksane macrumors regular

Yea, Activator is hands-down my favorite Cydia app. The ONLY reason I even installed SBSettings is for the date and free ram showing in the status bar. I looked all over for another app to do that and can't find one ANYwhere.

8. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Ive not had any problems with sbsettings so far but one thing I do wish it had was the opt in to be able to choose wireless networks straight from there instead of just the basic on/off switch. When I'm at work there's a lot of different routers and as far as I know I have no quick way to switch networks without having to close what I'm doing to go to settings and change it manually there.