Sbsettings power function

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevrhof, May 24, 2011.

1. kevrhof macrumors newbie

so i'm having an issue, and i feel like this is going to be a stupid question but i seriously can't figure it out. i have sbsettings installed and the when i first installed it i was able to hold down the power button and have their full menu pop up of respring restart etc. well now that doesn't happen anymore. im not sure what changed and i have reinstalled it and it still does the classic 'slide to power off.' i mean if i open up the sbsettings menu then click power i can get the menu im looking for but it used to do it just from the power menu

i have noticed that if i double tab the status bar on the home screen it opens up the standard options menu, not sure if that changed or not

any ideas?

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

It sounds to me that at some point you had Activator set up to launch SBSettings from the power button. I don't like to use my power button for anything but power, but you can go into Settings and Activator and set that up again.

3. kevrhof thread starter macrumors newbie

is the power menu just by default? i dont see a setting to have it display the menu. i tried uninstalling activator and sbsettings, i can't think of anything else. ive gone into activator and hit reset all menus too

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Settings / Activator / Anywhere / Sleep Button - Short Hold, then assign SBSettings to it

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I think the OP is actually looking for the power menu within SBSettings to come up. I'm not sure how to do that.

6. kevrhof thread starter macrumors newbie

yea it did it like the app powerup, but someone told me the 2 apps together would conflict and i shouldn't do that so i kept sbsettings, mainly cause i like the date in the status bar, don't really know anything thats useful :eek: