SBSettings problem with brightness adjustment

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys...when I change brightness on SBSettings it doesn't seem to save it; if I turn off my phone, when I turn it back on it's back to the brightest or dimmest.

Only sometimes does it work, normally after re-setting it a couple times (the brightness).

Any ideas?

2. pault106 macrumors member

This happens to me occasionally too. Very strange! :confused:

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Mine's been doing something similar since the last update; usually just tapping the slider bar right where it's set causes the screen to "jump" in brightness to where it's supposed to be.

This morning, the date on my status bar had changed as well to UK standard (day/month) rather than US format (month/day). I just turned it off rather than deal with it, but now I'm starting to wonder if that last update (3.1.1) or the standard toggles update I got as well (3.0.12-7) is an issue...

4. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I also have this issue, it's a slight bug I hope they work out asap it's a slight annoyance.

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

nope its just how it works , consider it more of a "temporary brightness" slider until you lock the phone

its a bug, but I hardly ever use the SB settings brightness anymore

it's just as fast to go into the multitask bar -> option->brightness , as it does to flick for SBsettings -> brightness button-> hide sbsettings

6. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wait, multitask bar --> option? What's option? Because if I go to settings it's settings then brightness then home button which is more steps

7. theaero macrumors 6502

I posted a thread about this awhile ago.

Is it only if you install sbsettings? I'm considering not installing it.... Or is it a different app? Or a conflict?

8. iamtheonejebus macrumors newbie

Idk if this was solved already, but what works for me is turning ON auto brightness in the settings. It doesn't bug out for me at least. Hope that helps!! :)