iPhone Sbsettings update caused "more " button in slide down window to crash

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by corey407woc, Feb 5, 2013.

1. corey407woc macrumors member

Anyone else not able to get to Sbsettings preferences or open through icon after update

2. Member451 macrumors newbie

Yeah.
    It's broken after latest update. Fails on both iPad and on iPhone running 5.1.1
    :mad:

3. Member451, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013

Member451 macrumors newbie

I figured out how to fix it.
    Use iFile or SSH to access your device's file system.

Go into the directory /var/stash/Applications.#####/SBSettings.app

Looks like SBSettings archives older versions by appending a number to the directory name. You should see directories named SBSettings# (where # is a number). I see SBSettings2, SBSettings3 on mine.

Rename the current SBSettings directory to "SBSettingsFoo"
    Look at the timestamp and rename the most recent SBSettings# directory to "SBSettings"
    (in my case, I renamed SBSettings3 to SBSettings)

That's it. You don't need to re-spring.

Cheers.
    :)

4. mamema macrumors regular

i have no sbsettings directories with numbers i have file within the sbsettings directory which are numbered.....but the latest one was the one without a number attached. But still having the described issue, but after the latest cydia update i have it only on 5.1.1 IP4 no longer on 6.1 IP4S

5. Member451 macrumors newbie

Oops. My bad. I meant files, not directories. Just rename the file with the name "SBSettings" to something else (so that you'll have a copy), and then rename SBSettings# to SBSettings (where the # is the number).

Yes, I know it works on 6. This is intended for people who wish to remain on 5.1.1 for the time being, and still want to use SBSettings.

I hope this helps.