SBSettings Updated - now it crashes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JrFreak, Jun 21, 2010.

1. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

3GS, 3.0.1...

Updated SBSettings and Bossprefs to new versions (3.0.13, 3.0.4) and now SBSettings crashes when I select MORE from the SBSettings window. Bossprefs also crashes when I try to open it.

Any idea what's up? It says on the update notes for both that they work on 2.X and 3.X...

2. loren23 macrumors newbie

SBSettings Updated - now it crashes

Same problem with SBSettings [I do not have boss prefs] I have factory unlocked 3gs jailbreak with spirit. This is how i fixed it but have no idea what was wrong or why this worked. I had a copy of the last working sbsettings application . Made copy of new 3.0.13 app [cyberduck/ssh,etc.] and put on desktop. Then transfered old copy and it started to work no crash then I started to put back the new 3.0.13 application from copy on desktop and put back 5 items at a time and when all of the new app was transferrd back to phone it was now working. So have no idea what happened to make it work with the exact newer copy installed, but using the older last working copy for only a little bit seemed to fix it. Not much help but you are not alone with this issue.

3. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Still have that copy of SBSettings?

I wish Cydia would stop installing apps not compatible with the software version you are running...

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

cydia don' install apps...people do!

But seriously, i'm quite sure cydia has never installed anything without my input, and you should never install anything without knowing its compatibilities

5. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

+1 agree! Perhaps the op has performed an update within Cydia but again that requires a user input!

It may be worth noting that the developers have/are updating their software(s) to be compactable with the latest OS4 firmware, therefore if you are still running on OS3.* there could be a likelihood that the software that was updated recently may no longer work!

6. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Definitely...extra vigilance at these times of an OS release is always advisable. I don't 'update' cydia apps until they've had a few days in cydia and i've checked over the change-log...at the very least.

7. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Any way to roll back to the older version? Or do I need to find the deb files and manually install?

8. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

9. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

not too sure if this would help/work however you could try posting an email to Big Boss requesting a copy of the previous version of SBSSETTING to work on OS3. The link posted is the deb file for OS4 but you could use this as a starting point!!

http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=sbsettings&db=

10. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Finally got my JB to work on my 3GS. Installed SBSettings and as soon as it did I got a message telling me my phone cannot be activated. Its on AT&T and not hackivated. wtf?

I tried to reinstall SBSettings and activator, nothing. If I remove them, nothing. This has been one of the most pain jailbreaks ever. Does anyone have any ideas?