SBSettings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by From A Buick 8, Jun 28, 2011.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok I have a question about SBSettings, there is a slider for 3G but it does not seem to do anything.

Regardless if it is on or off my 3G works, if it makes a difference I am using a Verizon iPhone.

I guess I have two questions, I had SBSettings about a week ago, but then I removed the JB, but have it back now. The first time around the icons for Apps that I added to the SBSettings dock disappeared from the iPhone springboard.

2. kashura7 macrumors member

kashura7

I just turned off the 3G button and left the Wi Fi toggle. If wi fi is off - 3g is on and vice versa

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

It just seems like my 3G slider just does not change anything, I was thinking it might be a hold over from the AT&T iPhone and not active on the VIP4

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I'm thinking the same thing. Does Verizon have EDGE anymore?

P.S. I live in Canada and am not familiar with Verizon except that it's CDMA 3G.

5. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

hmm I don't think Verizon has EDGE anymore..that's probably why it isn't working, I could be wrong tho.

6. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I think that is what it is, there is nothing other then 3G on Verizon so moving the slider has no effect.

7. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

Just in case you're curious:

Verizon doesn't have EDGE. Unlike GSM, their network is split into 2 different radios. EvDO (3g) and 1xrtt (2g). These two different signals are always on and you cannot turn off either of them. Texts and calls go through the 1xrtt and MMS and anything that involves the internet defaults through EvDO. However when there is no 3G signal present, everything is routed through the 1xrtt (2g) network. This is indicated by an empty circle next to the signal bars. But to put it short, you cannot turn off one or the other. So that function in SB settings is just a carryover from the GSM iPhone. I hope this helped you understand some of the science behind it :)

8. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thank you yayitsezekiel always good to have the science.

My second question was ideas on it.
    "I had SBSettings about a week ago, but then I removed the JB, but have it back now. The first time around the icons for Apps that I added to the SBSettings dock disappeared from the iPhone springboard".

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Hmm when I turn off 3g my ip address on the verizon phone goes away and I can no longer access data on the go. I also do not receive a little o in the status bar for the lower speed service.

Seems to work for me.

10. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok, well sounds like at the very least it might not be optimized for the VIP4.

Another issue with Verizon and SBSettings is the hot spot toggle.

I installed tetherme but cannot get a hotspot toggle in SBSettings. It does work if i go through settings to turn it on.

It may be more of a 4.2.8 thing though and not entirely a Verizon / SBSettings thing.