SBSettings

vlug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
For some reason SBSettings has started reporting my WiFi IP to me as my WAN(ISP) address not my local(LAN) IP.

WiFi works fine but why/how is SBSettings reporting my WAN to me and not my LAN and more importantly how can I change it back.

Tried all sorts, reboot router/reboot phone/forget wifi etc etc

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
:confused: The only thing mine says is "WiFi address" & "IP address". I understand those are for wifi or AT&T data streams. Isn't LAN for use inside of a local network (like an office)?

vlug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Your WiFi address is you local area network address to whatever wifi you are connected to.

Your data ip is your 3G ip address to your carrier.

anyway explaining that to you isnt helping me but none the less just so you know.

vlug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I have installed MyWi with Rock, but never used it because I didn't want to sign up to Rock so un-installed both of them.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
I have installed MyWi with Rock, but never used it because I didn't want to sign up to Rock so un-installed both of them.
My guess would be it messed up patching something, perhaps the commcenter. A restore would probably be the easiest option. Otherwise you may have to go looking to see if your commcenter has been altered

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.