Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hsj0660

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Is there anyone else that is running SC2 on 2010 Macbook Pro 15"?
I have played a few games on Boot Camp on Full Res (1680 x 1050) and everything medium, and could not help notice but many stutters and lags on both Single Campaign and Multiplayers. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway to improve the performance?

Cheers

Scorecard

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I'm playing it in OSX and on high res and high settings there are some areas of lag. Keeping it on high res and changing the settings to medium it runs perfectly and super smooth. I've also played it on my 30' ACD at full res and medium settings and it's still fairly smooth.

I'm assuming it will run better under BootCamp but I don't care for windows at all so will not be gaming that route.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
you all on 10.6.4? If so, I went back to .3, and havent looked back.

it does require a reinstall.

MrCooperS

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
I'm playing on a 15" i7 HR AG also. I noticed on High it will get a bit laggy. On medium there is a bit of lag when the game starts. But it runs smoothly.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
During the multiplayer beta I played on my 15'' i7 high res macbook pro. When I started the beta the OS X client wasn't available so I started playing in Windows 7 first. It ran much smoother in Windows 7 in bootcamp than it did in OS X after the Mac client came out.

I'm picking up my copy tonight and I plan on installing it Windows 7, in bootcamp. I'm not even going to bother with OS X.

Slux

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
I'm running on MBP i7 15" hi-res on full resolution medium also.

I have all setting on Medium except for shaders/lighting which from memory are on low, and movie quality on high, and 3D portraits.

I found that the multiplayer game was quite smooth (not perfect, but very playable).

Strangely, single player stuttered a bit more. Not sure why that is, maybe there is just more going on in your average single player campaign. I still find it quite playable, though look forward to the next snow leopard patch >_<

raykhrud

macrumors regular
It's horrible.
I have around 30 something fps when I first start the game, everything is running smoothly, then it just falls to 4-9 fps and there is no way to change it.
And the funny thing is — changing the settings and/or the screen resolution doesn't change a thing — it's as horrible in windowed mode on low as it is on ultra in full screen. I really want a refund now.

Animalk

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Montreal Canada
For those who think the game should be running better on their MBP:

Can you guys run in windowed mode and check if your running the better of the two graphic cards in your MBPs? Some people are saying that their MBPs are not properly switching graphic cards while playing SC2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.