Scale Photo request: Macbook Air (with reward)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by idon21, May 24, 2015.

1. idon21 macrumors newbie

Hello =D

I work for a sign shop and I always make decals for my friends computers and for mine. Unfortunately I don't have access to a macbook air and i'd like to design a decal for my online friend (as a surprise for his birthday)

I'd deeply appreciate it if someone could take a photo of their macbook air from directly above with a tape measure, or ruler on it. (similar to the photo i'll attach)

I'm unsure if he has a 13 or an 11 so if you have either a photo is appreciated, I plan on sending him one for each size.

Reward: I'll create a free decal of your choice and send it to you as a thank you for your help.

Thanks guys! =D

Attached Files:

2. meddlingmittene macrumors newbie

Attaching the 11 inch.

The camera angle throws it off a bit, but it was flush on the left side. It looks to be exactly 11 and 3/4".

I don't need any decals, just wanted to try and be helpful!

[​IMG]

3. idon21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks meddlingmittene! you sure you don't want a custom one? I've got plenty of star wars / lord of the rings themed things I can send you or send you pics of if you want to choose one. Thanks a bunch for the pic!

4. meddlingmittene macrumors newbie

No problem at all!

Really, it isn't necessary, though I appreciate the offer!

5. 0d085d macrumors regular

And here's the 13.3 inch.

Looks to be 12.75" by 8.9".

Likewise, no worries about the decals.

Attached Files:

6. avemestr macrumors regular

I may be stupid, but what kind of information does these images provide, that cannot be found on google?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air

11": 11.8 in (30 cm) wide × 7.56 in (19 cm) deep × 0.11 in (0 cm) to 0.68 in (2 cm) high

13": 12.8 in (33 cm) wide × 8.94 in (23 cm) deep × 0.11 in (0 cm) to 0.68 in (2 cm) high

The Apple logo on the Macbook Air and Pro is the same size (according to http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1394875).

A simple image search yields plenty of top view images of the macbook air as well.

7. Adolf macrumors member