Scaled Resolution Usability with rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cardsnk, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Cardsnk macrumors regular

Aren't you guys wishing for a usable (less lag) scaled resolutions with your retina MacBooks without performance hits? Since these retina units came out '12-'14, i myself haven't been able to experience the full usability of having to use a scaled resolution without having to deal with one main problem, UI Sluggishness. Resorting to use third party apps or hacks like Switchresx just to have an extended real estate with reasonable performance. Best for display option is IMO a small workspace. even with a 15inch.

Main use of work with my rMBP: Graphic Design, Video Production, Photography
    Why not get an external display?: We're always mobile and on-location.

Cant wait to dish out my first gen rMBP (early 2013), just to get a reasonable mobile workstation that is also Apple.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Expecting to much from a laptop??

These machines are brilliant for their size weight, screen quality and battery life, as a mobile workstation they are second to none.

Unfortunately all laptops make compromises due to the form factor and these are no exception, if you want to approch the power of a desktop you have to have a bigger heavier machine with a crap battery life and not such a great screen. That is just the state of our technology at the moment.

I personally think Apple have got the best balance around but if you don't like that balance thenm your answer is to use something else.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm happy with the default retina resolution. Going to the full native resolution is just too small for my old eyes. I think the performance is fine for my needs

4. Cardsnk thread starter macrumors regular

Indeed correct on that statement.
    Among other companies, i do find Apple superior on hardware quality, although, still wishing for better optimization on software.:)