Scalpers are at it again with the iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jagss, Sep 11, 2015.

1. jagss macrumors member

They just won't go away. Plenty of sellers on eBay.co.uk selling pre orders - and bidders are silly to buy them. No wonder you have so many people on launch days buying these phones purely for profit.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Any more silly then people camping out for days for a phone, especially when many of them probably have the iPhone 6?

If there wasn't a market for this, then scalpers wouldn't be buying them. Aside from the plus, last year scalpers largely failed as the inventories were pretty good, or am I incorrect in remembering what happened last year.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

No you're right. After maybe a couple weeks or so, most stores had the 6 readily available to walk in and buy. The 6 Plus was the only one that was fetching more than retail due to the surprising demand.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I'm in China right now and people here are absolutely freaking out about the new iPhone. It's awesome to watch

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah, I remember the stories last year of U.S. based scalpers returning their phones on the last day of the return window.

Hey, welcome back. How was the flight? (Don't wanna hijack this thread, but did you get the mystery locked" phone taken care of?)

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Apple create this by not having a world wide release. But it's great watching them bring there phones back a week later. I think this is where the law needs to change to allow apple to say 'sorry mate were not refunding the 6 iPhones you want to return'

7. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

100% correct, nothing dafter than camping out got a product. theres just no need to do it and never has been.
    And free market - why not sell if someone wants to pay more rather than wait a few days.