iPad mini Scalping iPad Mini Retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JohnnyIOS, Oct 22, 2013.

1. JohnnyIOS macrumors member

What do you guys think? Will the Retina Mini be in tight supply after going on sale? I'm thinking of buying one for scalping on Craigslist (I have my own reasons, my dog has a vet bill of $2500 I still have to pay). Don't bother with negative comments as I've sold my MBA to pay part of his vet bill and have been without a computer for months now. Thanks.

2. evasquez7 macrumors member

Awesome idea!!!!! Make sure to buy at least 5!

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think that if you are so broke that you had to sell your computer and don't have one at home your time would be better spent looking for a legitimate way to make money to pay off that vet bill than gambling your money on Craiglist.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Get the gold ones. And bring a big/fast friend for the Craigslist exchange, just in case.

5. mellofello macrumors 65816

I will be ordering a couple just in case.

----------

My guess is around $7-800 on ebay for the first week.

6. JohnnyIOS thread starter macrumors member

Not everyone was born in the right family, in the right country and at the right time with means and access to money and/or education. Also some people have disabilities that prevent them from getting a job. Judging without knowing the facts proves that ignorance is bliss. I asked a simple question, didn't asked to be judged without knowing the facts. :rolleyes:

7. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Perhaps you should consider pet insurance in the future.

8. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Well I love my dog so I will say "Thank You" for putting his care above other things.

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Who says I was born with easy access to any of the things you're describing?

I'm not judging your social status. Or your health. I'm judging your common sense in this particular matter. If you have very limited funds, it's not wise to gamble with what limited funds you have. If you have the means to get to a store, stand in a line, buy an iPad that is in high demand while fighting a crowd to do it, there's got to be a way you can work for income.

Furthermore, if you do mange to get one and put it on CL and it's as hot an item as you think it is, you are also more likely to get mugged or robbed trying to sell it... if you can fend off an attacker? You can get a job.

Finally, as much as I love animals? If you cannot afford to take care of yourself, you are not doing your pet any favors by spending thousands of dollars on it that you do not have nor are you able to make enough money to pay back.

I love our cats, but if we were on such hard times that I had to give up a computer or Internet that I could use to possibly look for work to pull myself out of hard times? I might need to find them homes elsewhere.

Sad, but true. :(

10. JohnnyIOS thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but he's a rescue and he's been beaten by the previous owners so I'm doing him a favor :)