Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjgonzales1900

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Yea I’m not sure. I had a similar issue. I did the mail in offer but when I received the bubbler mailer I decided to take the phone into a corporate store. Well the gentleman who helped me tried to process the trade in for the $800 credit but at the end of the process it errored out because I had already used the imei online. He had already inspected the phone and told me I would receive the full credit. I mailed the phone in a sturdy box the same day. Fast forward 2-3 weeks later the third party that att has processing their trade ins shows that the phones screen doesn’t work and “value adjusted” which means I will no longer get the $800 credit. I get a text message the next week that says I’m receiving the credits but not how much the credits are. I go to that same store and ask the person if they can check what credits I’m going to receive. They looked into my account and see that there haven’t been any adjustments to the value of the credits I will get so I should receive the full amount but if I don’t to contact loyalty and explain everything that happened to see if anything can be done. Hopefully on my next bill I will see the full credit I’m supposed to get.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Contacted BBB and ATT contacted me the next morning and got it right by crediting me $650, the difference from $700 as advertised.

We've sent 5 phones for trade-in and only mine was reported as damaged and only offered $50. Mine was also sent in a phone case to avoid damage in transit!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.46.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.46.52 AM.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 116
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.