Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
So I went to purchase callbar on cydia and the payment went through, I got an email through gmail right away but on my phone it said something about it not being completed and nothing but a close button. The money has left my account. Knew I shouldn't have bothered mixing money with this dodgy crap. :mad:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I've purchased over 15 cydia tweaks and have never had an issue you described. Definitely not 'dodgy' at all IMO.

- Is the charge just 'pending' on your bank account?
- Have you contacted the developer?
- Have you contacted Saurik?

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
I've purchased over 15 cydia tweaks and have never had an issue you described. Definitely not 'dodgy' at all IMO.

No the money has left the acc, I bought two tweaks just moments before that work fine.

Emailed all 3 addresses on the page, no response. This is why I've not let it keep my details.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
The Dev of callbar is Limneos which is well known and highly respected dev.

The Cydia page clearly states he cannot help you on payment issues.

Contact Saurik directly, he is known to react quickly and most problems are solved with a quick repayment.

saurik@saurik.com

Sometimes things just go wrong, to immediately call it dodgy is premature.

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
The Dev of callbar is Limneos which is well known and highly respected dev.

The Cydia page clearly states he cannot help you on payment issues.

Contact Saurik directly, he is known to react quickly and most problems are solved with a quick repayment.

saurik@saurik.com

Sometimes things just go wrong, to immediately call it dodgy is premature.

It clearly states in my post I emailed him already with no response yet and that the money has already left the account.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
It clearly states in my post I emailed him already with no response yet and that the money has already left the account.

Define "already left the account"

- If you used a credit\debit card, it has not "already left the account" because when you make a purchase it's just an authorization to make sure the funds are available, and it then takes 3-5 days to settle and "leave the account" or if the transaction didn't fully process, it then is returns to available. Reason number 200 why using debit cards online is a bad idea.

- If you used a direct debit method like PayPal or Amazon Payments via EFT there's no way it could have already come out of your account. At best it happens overnight.

If you're going to take such a "It took my money and gave me nothing therefor it's a dodgy seller" why would you want to allow an app from said dev to be accessing your phone's most sensitive files?

I'd suggest taking a breath... ahhhhh... see that's better. Email Saurik and email the Dev... give them a few days to respond... heaven forbid they be away on vacation or something... :)

Just relax, it'll be ok. But in the meantime you should educate yourself on how debit\credit\eft payments work because in no sense of the word did they instantly debit your account.

----------

- Pending? No they came to his door with a gun and sucked the money out of his wallet with a vacuum.

- The developer? No he's "dodgy" but the buyer still wants his app lurking inside his phone.

- Saurik? No he's "dodgy" too... why? Cause his name... it just sounds "dodgy" ... grrrr.... "Saurik" grrrr.

My guess is the transaction was authorized but the bank rejected it for looking "dodgy" and the buyer is just taking out his frustration on those not even responsible.

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
I'm not arguing semantics, you know what I meant. Are you that wound up that you have to be sarcastic to someone who offered me genuine help? I think you need to relax my friend, I already stated I'm just waiting on an email back. :)

----------

In the universe things don't happen instantaneously....

When did this happen, when did you email him?

This morning, I wasn't expecting him to be sat there waiting for my email lol.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I'm not arguing semantics, you know what I meant. Are you that wound up that you have to be sarcastic to someone who offered me genuine help? I think you need to relax my friend, I already stated I'm just waiting on an email back. :)

----------

Well people are going to be sarcastic when you use a title like "Scammed" and then say "took my money" (which he didn't).... and "shady" ... you have to realize the tone you set by accusing people with good reputations is the tone you'll get in responses.

Saurik and the developer both have good reputations. If you had bought it from "unlockforabuck.ch" some Chinese unlock site, we'd probably agree, but you're throwing out some pretty harsh accusations over someone stealing a dollar (literally lol) from you.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

----------

It's 445 AM in the USA west-coast at the moment.

Have some patiences instead of crying wolf....

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
It's 445 AM in the USA west-coast at the moment.

Have some patiences instead of crying wolf....

I laughed when I looked at his user name. "DannyDrama" ... give him a break, he's got to live up to the name.... just like I have to run around causing shenanigans. LOL

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
My exact thoughts as I read down through this thread. :eek:

And the two persons he is referring to with his "dodgy crap" and "scammed" comments are pillars in the jailbreak community.

I could understand if it was some big evil corporation that screwed him over to have that mindset, but oh well....

We haven't heard back from him so my guess is his issue got resolved.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Omg.
They robbed you big time.
Now saurik and the callbar dev are probably on the run living the good life with your $3.99:rolleyes:
You're serious acting like this over a silly billing issue?
Wow, the money has left the account, what are you going to do now?
Hurry up and call 911

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
saurik never responds to emails yet I still keep on buying stuff

Sounds like you like the product.

----------

Wow, the money has left the account, what are you going to do now?

The money has left the account! I wonder where it went?

You know Saurik is sitting on a beach at Sandals Jamaica slurping down a Mai Thai going WOW, thankfully I got the 99 cents to leave his account so I can buy all this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.