Scanner Advice & Recommendations Please...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SimonGarlick, Sep 3, 2009.

1. SimonGarlick macrumors member

Hi, I'm wanting to get a scanner to run with my G4 Power Mac, and wondered if anyone's got any recommendations on both scanner's and interfaces?

In the past I've used UMAX scanners, but as I found after recently purchasing one, are no longer supported on Macs. Ideally, I'm looking for something slim-line with a user friendly interface, but I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks for any help or advice in advance...

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I really like my Canon LiDE (older model than what is now out). Can do lots of stuff, most importantly to me, what they call multi-scan. You can put several photos on the platen and it will automatically scan each as a separate photo. Not expensive, very slim. Has a little stand so that when you are not using it, it will allow the scanner to stand on its edge so takes up almost no room on your workspace. Good scans, too!

3. matthewtoney macrumors regular

matthewtoney

Scanners and Printer/Scanners

I can only add that Epson is pretty darn good when it comes to Mac support these days - they are staying on top of the driver stuff as well, they had Snow Leopard "compatible" drivers marked on their site the day that it came out.