Scanner & Document Management Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Maxington, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Maxington macrumors 6502

I am looking for a scanner for my Mac as well as a bundled or stand alone solution for managing the scanned documents.

Mostly for scanning personal documents (health care, bills, HR documents for work, etc).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. feflower macrumors regular

The top of the line would be Fujitsu's Scansnap: there are two version and make sure you get the one for Mac.

It is pricey but sounds ultra-convenient, plus it is has OCR capabilities (if you need it).

I've had my eye on this for a year and I'm just saving and waiting for when I really really need it (I'm a grad student who wants to scan in all my clippings, handwritten notes, odds and ends from the non-digital years).

Now remember this scanner will not be best for images. Check it out. I will envy you if you get it!

3. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

I use NeatCo's NeatReceipts program and Scanner. Works great it can OCR your receipts and put all spending in a database where you can print out reports basically any way you want.

Not the cheapest like the Fujitsu, but it does the job!

4. jerrydale macrumors newbie

NeatReceipts ?

HI,
    I am looking for a doc management system. When scanning a receipt or anything, does NeatReceipts software straighten the doc up if it gets crooked when scanning? What else can you tell us about it. There seems to be much about SanpScan but I would like more info about NeatRecipts. Thanks.

5. soros69 macrumors newbie

E-grou Free Edition

Take a look at http://www.e-grou.com

Powerful, easy to use and great document management system.

6. macmanagement macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a true document manager that is naitive solely to Mac's take a look at DocMoto.

www.docmoto.com

7. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

I absolutely LOVE my Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M. Pricy, but well worth it. I am about 90% paperless now. I think they phased out the 510 and replaced it with the 1500 model. Wonderful scanner.