Scanner for macOS 10.12 Sierra

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by desertman, Jun 13, 2017.

1. desertman, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

desertman macrumors 6502a

Hello forum,

I have two scanners, one Canon CanoScan Lide210 and one Epson Workforce GT-1500. I also some months ago tried an Epson WorkForce WF-3620 all-in-one printer/scanner. All of these scanners work when scanning from within the appropriate software on my Mac - but none of them works with the scanner buttons (I returned the Epson all-in-one for that reason). The buttons on the two scanners worked fine until OS X 10.10 and stopped working since OS X 10.11.

Can someone recommend a scanner (or an all-in-one printer/scanner) where all scanner buttons work also with macOS 10.12 Sierra?

Greetings - desertman

2. Sally G macrumors newbie

I use a CanonMX2320 and Brother MFC-J780-DW (my house, my parents’ house, respectively); not sure about “buttons”, but I prefer the Canon software as more adaptable than the Brother. Both inkjet printer/scanner.

3. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

My guess -- and it's ONLY "a guess" -- is that unless you can find updated driver software for the scanners you have, you'll have to "work with the buttons on the Mac" (that is, in "Mac software").

If there is no updated software from Canon or Epson, try "VueScan". It works with almost everything.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1