Scanner help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by blackomega31, Dec 28, 2011.

1. blackomega31 macrumors member

blackomega31

I need some help. With my scanner
    I purchased an Epson perfection scan 4180 photo scanner because it was a good allaround scanner and more important it could scan slides and negatives.
    I recently got a new imac running lion and I am enjoying the experience so far however
    When I went to Epson to download the drivers I found that the Epson scann utility is the not universal, I contacted Epson and they told me that Apple had its own driver for lion and to just plug the scanner in and run software update. When I went to image capture and opened the scanning software, it was like fisher Price for scanners. A very basic scann screen with hardly any options and most importantly, no option to scan transparent documents. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I don't want to have to downgrade to 10.6

2. Krazy Bill, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Not sure if this software supports your Epson but you can download the demo and try it out.

Edit: According to this the scanner software above will work with your Epson.

I use VueScan on 3 different scanners and I think it's worth the $30.

3. prisstratton macrumors 6502

prisstratton

If the operating system is talking to your scanner then all you need to worry about is what front end application you want to use to get the job done. Just find one that has the features you want.