Scanner PRO available on the AppStore.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Readdlemate, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Readdlemate macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Scanner Pro transforms iPhone into portable scanner in your pocket. It lets you scan multipage documents, send them by email and even upload to MobileMe iDisk or any other WebDAV enabled server. You can also transfer scanned document to desktop computer over Wi-Fi and transform it into editable MS Word file with OCR tool of your choice.

Scanner Pro easily handles situations when you have printed document that should be send by email and there is no scanner nearby. The application incorporates special algorithms that enhance image quality to make it as readable as possible.

AppStore link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333710667&mt=8

With Scanner Pro you can:

* Scan Multipage Documents

Scanner Pro can handle any type of document ranging from simple one page letters to multipage agreements.
    * Make Industry Standard PDF Files

All scanned document are produced as industry standard PDF files.
    * Protect Documents With Password

Scanner Pro allows you to set password for PDF files you create. Only people who know the password will be able to open the document.
    * Transfer Documents to Mac and PC

Mount Scanner Pro as a shared network drive over Wi-Fi network to any computer and copy scanned PDF files from iPhone. No additional software is required.
    * Send Scans by E-mail

Just scan any document you want and tap send button. Yes, it's that simple.
    * Preview Documents Before Sending

Built-in viewer allows to preview your scans exactly the same as they will look on desktop computer.
    * Upload Scans to Online File Storages

o MobileMe iDisk
    o Other WebDAV compatible online storages (including box.net and Humyo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Have i mentioned recently that THIS type of App is why i wanted a camera on the Touch??

:banghead:

3. aerodoc macrumors member

Maybe I don't get it, but $7 for an app that takes a picture and converts it to a PDF? For any real scanning I would use a scanner. For simple scanning you can just use the images themselves. While it is a neat concept, I am not really sure what need this fills.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

For myself, there was one that worked with an expense software (i think). The fact that i could just take pictures of receipts when i get them and know i'm good would be worth it.

That is my main wish....

5. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

This app does the same thing as [app]DocScanner[/app].

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

7. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    Sorry but JotNot is pretty bad. DocScanner is superior to these two apps in file management & scan quality. I use it 5-10 times a day for invoices on the go.

8. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Evernote integration

Scanner Pro 1.1, new version of their popular iPhone application that transforms the device into portable scanner.

Scanner Pro 1.1 introduces highly anticipated Evernote integration that lets people convert printed documents, receipts and even handwritten notes into searchable information accessible from anywhere. Scanner Pro 1.1 is available on Apple App Store at $6.99 to the new customers and as a free upgrade for existing users.

9. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Hello guyz,
    You know that we (Readdle) are working 24/7 on improving our apps.

As a result, Scanner PRO 1.2.0 is out.

New features include uploading to Dropbox (in addition to other WebDAV enabled servers, like MobileMe iDisk or Humyo), and – integration with Print&Share, so you can print scanned documents from your iPhone.

10. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

It's very good, though I don't use Dropbox. However I do feel that this latest version does tend to over-expose the pages now.

Edit: Scratch that. I've just realised the over exposure is due to the use of Greyscale only option, making anything not black, white. It just seems a little OTT.

11. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Scanner Pro is currently on sale for 4.99$ only.

There will be a HUGE upgrade in a few weeks. Get it, while it's 25% discount price. The normal price will be returned by Monday.

12. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

13. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Scanner Pro update: improved integration with Evernote

Scanner Pro, that turns the iPhone into portable scanner, now transfers location data of the notes uploaded to Evernote. The new feature makes it easy to store the geographical context.

Update it for free: http://itunes.apple.com/app/scanner-pro-scan-multipage/id333710667?mt=8

How it works: put a document down on a table, snap a picture of each of the pages, crop out anything in the image that doesn’t belong, optimize the image for the best printing results. Once all scanned pages are processed, they are converted into a PDF and can be email or uploaded to Dropbpx, Evernote or Google Docs.

14. KALESSIN macrumors newbie

KALESSIN

Thanks!

Great product for creating documents on the go.

15. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Scanner Pro 4.0 becomes universal

[​IMG]
    Scanner Pro 4 is in the App Store! It features a brand new iPad version and makes the whole app universal.

It simply converts your iPhone and iPad into portable scanners, making your hardware scanner obsolete.

All new
    Scanner Pro 4 is completely new on the iPad. Rethought and redesigned from the ground up. Everything was reconsidered. Every screen, every tap, every button. Nothing left intact – every idea and every feature had to prove its value for the iPad update.

Famous
    Scanner Pro for iPhone was released back in 2009. Even though it wasn't the first app to introduce the concept of scanning documents with the iPhone camera, Scanner Pro was so great that it has instantly become #1 business app in 20+ countries, and remained there for more than 2 years.

Innovative

The new iPad got an excellent camera and it is now possible to get good quality scans with its help. The natural move for any other successful product would be to scale the app for the iPad screen and to release the update. However, we have decided to use it as an opportunity to revamp Scanner Pro and to apply some of the things we've learned from our users during these years.

Simple
    One of the best things about the new Scanner Pro is its simplicity. Less is more, isn’t it? Now the focus is on the document and that is where all design changes were made. Want to crop the image? The new iPad screen is great, so you don't need to have a magnifying glass to nail the edge. Want to reorder pages within the document? Just drag it up or down through the list. Want to group scans into a folder? Just drag one on top of the other. You physically touch your scans to manage them and it is just amazing.

Universal

Scanner Pro 4 comes as a universal app and runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Its new iPad interface is a result of numerous debates and decisions. We would really like to learn how these changes worked for you on the iPad and we are planning to bring the best of them to the iPhone in a few weeks.

We would like to hear your thoughts!

16. Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Scanner Pro 4.1 brings iCloud and new iPhone UI

Hi guys,

I am delighted to tell you that Scanner Pro 4.1 hits the AppStore and it is a major update for iPhone users. It brings iCloud sync (between iPhone and iPad) and a completely new interface.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/scanner-pro-scan-multipage/id333710667?mt=8

The update is free for all existent users. Let us know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Readdlemate, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013

Readdlemate thread starter macrumors 6502

Readdlemate

Great news!

We've just released an amazing update for Scanner Pro.

The latest update adds tremendous power to the app, an it is an inevitable step in its evolution. Real-time border detection technology works perfectly and makes it very easy for the user to see which part of the document will be scanned.

How Scanner Pro is different from the picture you can take with the iPhone/ iPad camera?

- it automatically crops the document and makes the scan more readable
    - it removes shadows and corrects perspective
    - it can save scans as b/w document
    - it scans multipage documents and saves them as a single PDF file
    - it allows you to share your scans: automatically unload to Dropbox, Evernote, etc.

So the main difference is that you get a good looking PDF file, instead of a blurry image with background.