Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
scannerpro-banner-icon.png

Scanner Pro 4 is in the App Store! It features a brand new iPad version and makes the whole app universal.

It simply converts your iPhone and iPad into portable scanners, making your hardware scanner obsolete.

We are giving away the new iPad to celebrate the Scanner Pro launch.

All new
Scanner Pro 4 is completely new on the iPad. Rethought and redesigned from the ground up. Everything was reconsidered. Every screen, every tap, every button. Nothing left intact – every idea and every feature had to prove its value for the iPad update.

Famous
Scanner Pro for iPhone was released back in 2009. Even though it wasn't the first app to introduce the concept of scanning documents with the iPhone camera, Scanner Pro was so great that it has instantly become #1 business app in 20+ countries, and remained there for more than 2 years.

Innovative

The new iPad got an excellent camera and it is now possible to get good quality scans with its help. The natural move for any other successful product would be to scale the app for the iPad screen and to release the update. However, we have decided to use it as an opportunity to revamp Scanner Pro and to apply some of the things we've learned from our users during these years.

Simple
One of the best things about the new Scanner Pro is its simplicity. Less is more, isn’t it? Now the focus is on the document and that is where all design changes were made. Want to crop the image? The new iPad screen is great, so you don't need to have a magnifying glass to nail the edge. Want to reorder pages within the document? Just drag it up or down through the list. Want to group scans into a folder? Just drag one on top of the other. You physically touch your scans to manage them and it is just amazing.

Universal

Scanner Pro 4 comes as a universal app and runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Its new iPad interface is a result of numerous debates and decisions. We would really like to learn how these changes worked for you on the iPad and we are planning to bring the best of them to the iPhone in a few weeks.

We would like to hear your thoughts!

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Scanner Pro 4 is in the App Store! It features a brand new iPad version and makes the whole app universal.

It simply converts your iPhone and iPad into portable scanners, making your hardware scanner obsolete.

We are giving away the new iPad to celebrate the Scanner Pro launch.

All new
Scanner Pro 4 is completely new on the iPad. Rethought and redesigned from the ground up. Everything was reconsidered. Every screen, every tap, every button. Nothing left intact – every idea and every feature had to prove its value for the iPad update.

Famous
Scanner Pro for iPhone was released back in 2009. Even though it wasn't the first app to introduce the concept of scanning documents with the iPhone camera, Scanner Pro was so great that it has instantly become #1 business app in 20+ countries, and remained there for more than 2 years.

Innovative

The new iPad got an excellent camera and it is now possible to get good quality scans with its help. The natural move for any other successful product would be to scale the app for the iPad screen and to release the update. However, we have decided to use it as an opportunity to revamp Scanner Pro and to apply some of the things we've learned from our users during these years.

Simple
One of the best things about the new Scanner Pro is its simplicity. Less is more, isn’t it? Now the focus is on the document and that is where all design changes were made. Want to crop the image? The new iPad screen is great, so you don't need to have a magnifying glass to nail the edge. Want to reorder pages within the document? Just drag it up or down through the list. Want to group scans into a folder? Just drag one on top of the other. You physically touch your scans to manage them and it is just amazing.

Universal

Scanner Pro 4 comes as a universal app and runs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Its new iPad interface is a result of numerous debates and decisions. We would really like to learn how these changes worked for you on the iPad and we are planning to bring the best of them to the iPhone in a few weeks.

We would like to hear your thoughts!

Bought and downloaded. So far so good!

Thanks and I hope you stick around these forums as it makes it nice to have the actual developer here to answer questions.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
dissapointed a bit with this app.

was hoping to scan in some handwritten notes but they are coming out appalling! 50% of auto finding the edges is failing too which is annoying.

grayscale seems too bright and the black ink text is being killed.

also weirdly the photo quality of the camera app seems to be better than the photo quality of this app.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
dissapointed a bit with this app.

was hoping to scan in some handwritten notes but they are coming out appalling! 50% of auto finding the edges is failing too which is annoying.

grayscale seems too bright and the black ink text is being killed.

also weirdly the photo quality of the camera app seems to be better than the photo quality of this app.

Aoaaron,

The edge detection is not perfect with smaller objects, indeed. This issue has been fixed and the new version is already submitted to the AppStore.

We have the special processing algorithm, which is trying to fix geometry, remove shades, etc etc.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
I see. At the moment I'm just findi handwritten notes are showing up poorly. Also an option for a few other presets for color shades would be really good too. I can email you guys examples if you want.

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I see. At the moment I'm just findi handwritten notes are showing up poorly. Also an option for a few other presets for color shades would be really good too. I can email you guys examples if you want.

Which iPad are you using? I recently began scanning my handwritten notes using my ipad3 and they come out good.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
ipad 3. i can upload screenshots/files if u guys want.

they are just way too bright, the pen gets washed out.

photo looks good enough though.

jpow112

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
I'm using this app, previously used JotNot pro in 2x mode.

It's great but would it be possible when correcting keystone etc, to allow curves - sometimes it's not possible to straighten out a document entirely, and allowing a few curves would make this program even better-

using it very successfully for music scores.

Talon Six

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
The Gulf Coast
Love the app so far. It is coming in handy in my office where we never seem to have a functioning scanner. One suggestion would be to have pitch and roll levels somewhere on screen when taking the photo of whatever. It's sometimes difficult to detect if I've got the iPad held straight when taking the photo.

Dex4788

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2008
Are there plans to include support for SkyDrive and Google Drive? Dropbox integration is sweet, but having alternatives wouldn't hurt.

jpow112

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
suggestion for next revision-

please add grid lines to the keystone correction page- would be v useful

photosmike

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2010
Love the app so far. It is coming in handy in my office where we never seem to have a functioning scanner. One suggestion would be to have pitch and roll levels somewhere on screen when taking the photo of whatever. It's sometimes difficult to detect if I've got the iPad held straight when taking the photo.

Does the program itself correct for pitch & roll?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.