Scanner recommendation?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tbradnc, Mar 14, 2014.

1. tbradnc macrumors member

I'm looking for a scanner in the <$300 range - any recommendations?

Light duty scanning, prefer a document feeder that would hold 10-15 sheets. 2 sided scans.

Would be sweet if I could plug it into my TC and access it via wifi. Will be using Vuescan software...

2. ColdCase, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014

ColdCase macrumors 68030

Many all in one printers do a great job scanning and faxing. Works via wifi, I can sit anywhere in the house and scan something remotely.... but someone needs to feed the printer/scanner initially.

I've been using a HP JP6480 for years without issue, its completely wireless. The newer models are just as good. The scanner software is built into Mac OS (provide by HP) Once scanned, you can use the software of your choice if you need post processing. My Epson also does and excellent job with photos, but it doesn't have a sheet feeder. Your options may be more limited if you insist on 2 sided scans.

Inkjets sell for ~$100, lasers ~$300... they get you with ink/toner... which you don't use when scanning :)

Here's a highly rated USB scanner only for ~$250 http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/ho...1910A?HP-Scanjet-5590-Digital-Flatbed-Scanner