scanner suggestions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by frankm007, Apr 17, 2007.

1. frankm007 macrumors regular

im looking for an economic scanner to scan my photos, nothing too professional... suggestions?

2. frankm007 thread starter macrumors regular

looks great, how about the software? mac version, or what can i use?

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Not to thread jack, but in line with your question-

Can anyone recommend good scanning software? I use my Samsung laser all-in-one to scan picutres, works great but has HORRIBLE software- by horrible software I mean pc only software. I use photoshop to "import" an image from the scanner, but I know there has to be a better way.

Also- are there any 4x6 only scanners out there? That would be tremendous.

4. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

the canon comes with photostudio for mac and other scanning software to scan with. works great.

the 3 touch buttons on the scanner work great -- copy,scan,fax

5. frankm007 thread starter macrumors regular

I got the scanner! Now, is there anyway to scan without the software? Through photoshop somehow...thanks

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I recently purchased a Canon CanoScan 8600F scanner. I installed Canon's software. With the scanner's TWAIN driver, however, it works with any TWAIN-compatible app. Far and away, Apple's MacOS X-bundled app Image Capture works best.

7. frankm007 thread starter macrumors regular

i tried apple's "image capture" and despite it recognizing the scanner, i could not select from any option (e.g. DPI, etc.) and the "scan" button was greyed out. Suggestions?

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

After Image Capture goes through its startup procedure including a prescan, it will un-"gray" its controls. You will then be able to change the resolution and other settings.