Scanner wont scan!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andy5000, Apr 11, 2007.

1. andy5000 macrumors regular

Hey, i have a Macbook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo,2gb ram,100gb hd and a hp psc 2210 all-in-one. I have downloaded the latest universal software from hp, and it just refuses to scan. I get the error " The program maybe unstable.it is reccomended that the program be closed and restarted." Done that, and restarted the computer.also tried scanning via photoshop cs but it just wont work.

2. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

3. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

yeh works on windows. but that computer is dying!

4. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I have a similar problem. The scanner used to work fine on the old PPC but doesn't work on the Intel with HP's software. However, if I Photoshop elements, and it will get the scanner to work just fine. I would try scanning using a different program.

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I would try totally uninstalling the software and then reinstalling it. Don't plug the scanner in until all of the software is finished reinstalling unless it tells you to plug it in during the installation. If you want to repair permissions before uninstalling and reinstalling you can try that as well. HP is really bad with leaving a lot of bad permission settings behind with their software.

6. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks,will try reinstalling it with it disconnected.hp and apple dont seem a winning combination.i had a quite a few problems getting the printer to work wirelessly aswell. mac os x doesnt come with the right driver.

7. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

yey,it works, reinstalled without it connected.very silly,but nevermind. i can finally start scanning in my old photos!thanks people!