scanning a page from a book?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cfs, Mar 18, 2012.

1. cfs macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I use an ipad 1 and I often read lots of work related books and take notes via Notesplus. With the ipad 2 or 3 is there a way to scan a page from a book onto the ipad using the ipad camera and later put into a .pdf or is this an unrealistic want? I know i could take a photo but wondering about the scan?

Thanks,

cfs

2. Ciri macrumors member

No it isn't. There is an app, TurboScan+

Not only can you scan books, make them PDFs and send them to various services, but it also can turn it into editable text. Readable text.

3. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Ciri,

I'll check it out. Do you use it? Does t take forever to scan or is it about the same speed as like a 3 in 1 printer?

Thanks Again,

cfs

4. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

5. Ciri macrumors member

You just take a snapshot. If you want to use OCR, you have an option of just taking one photo from your gallery, or with the camera, or taking 3 photos with the camera. You don't have to be on the internet for it to work. A full page out of a book will take about 45 seconds to decode.

But PDF's are instant. You can also change the boldness of the text to make it look really good.

6. Laimbeersux macrumors 6502

I use a product called Genius Scan to do exactly what you are saying. I haven't tried it on my iPad yet but it works phenomenally on my iPhone 4.

7. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

+1 for TurboScan

I have bought and used about 10 different scanning apps and as of right now, TurboScan has the best UI and also does the best job of scanning, especially when using the 3X scan.

Hopefully, they will make an iPad optomized update soon.

8. cfs thread starter macrumors 6502a