Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Claus.L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Hi all,
I'm looking for a software solution to work on scanned pages containing images and text. I want to be able to edit the text and the images easily.
I have a Canon DR-2010 and use Readiris 12 for OCR, but I can't export to Pages.
Should I go for Office for Mac or Photoshop or ...?
Anybody out there having done that?
Thanks.
Claus

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Hi all,
I'm looking for a software solution to work on scanned pages containing images and text. I want to be able to edit the text and the images easily.
I have a Canon DR-2010 and use Readiris 12 for OCR, but I can't export to Pages.
Should I go for Office for Mac or Photoshop or ...?
Anybody out there having done that?
Thanks.
Claus
You can't export to Pages. However, you can save to .doc and .docx, either of which can be opened in Pages.

Claus.L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
You can't export to Pages. However, you can save to .doc and .docx, either of which can be opened in Pages.

But the .docx files cannot be read correctly by Pages. There are lots of incompatibilites.
Do I have to get Office for Mac to solve this?

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Unless someone else is footing the bill, try NeoOffice. It's free (donation requested) and is an Office look-alike. I use both NeoOffice and Pages, and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. But you might find NeoOffice does a better job in this case than Pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.