Scanning Documents On Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dj-anon, Oct 26, 2011.

1. dj-anon macrumors member

dj-anon

Hi:

I have a Lexmark Interpret S408 and just recently got an iMac with Lion preinstalled, and I found out that Lexmark's scanning app is not available for Lion, yet. So I was wondering if you know of any app that is compatible with Lion that allows me to scan multiple documents into a single PDF.

Thanks.

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It's built right into OS X. Go to Applications folder -> Image Capture. That lets you capture individual scans, then you can just paste them together and save as a PDF in lots of different apps.

3. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem, i just bought iMac with Lion, and i have Canon Mf4370dn. after reading couple of posts, i found out obout image capture. but my image caputre doesnt show Canon scanner. I did add canon as Printer ( with proper printer drivers) and as scanner with scanner drivers from canon.com.

But still no luck...i guess i will have to return my iMac, Or will have to install windows on it, so i can use Omnipage Pro. 18 to do the job.

Plesae help.

4. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

I've got an Epson scanner. Since migrating to Lion, I go into System Preferences and select Printers and Scanners. I then select my scanner and click on Open Scanner (or something like that; I'm not at home right now). It then opens up a window that lets me scan.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Check the Canon website....they released some Lion compatible drivers.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

This^^

When I updated to Lion, I called Canon tech support and they walked me through installation of updated drivers (and software, too - I think). Since I assume everybody else on this forum is technologically sophisticated (except me!:eek:) - you should have no trouble updating the necessary drivers and software to make your Mac work fine with Canon.

7. uvafan1 macrumors regular

uvafan1

Scanning with Lion

Use the Preview application to do your scans. You will be able to multiple documents and save in a file format that suits your needs. Preview works with most scanners. I believe that within Preview, the Scan option can be found in one of the drop down menus, but I am currently at work and can't verify that at this time.

8. rayward macrumors 68000

I have a Canon Pixma MX850, and to get it to scan in Lion I have been opening the scanner through Settings, and scanning from there into Preview. The Canon is supposed to be able to launch a scan from the unit itself, so I will check on updated drivers.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You can also use Canon's app MP Navigator EX 3.0. Very easy and very convenient. One step to email, text message, pdf, save and several other functions.:)

10. Spacely macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tried approaching via System Preferences and that worked better than Image Capture or Preview in scanning a check for e-deposit. (HP 5610)