Scanning from an Airport connected MF Printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Daveway, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I have a new Canon MP460 connected to my Airport Express for wireless printing, and it does that very well.
    However, it doesn't seem to be possible to use scanning option wirelessly. Its a hassle to have to unplug the USB from the Airport to my computer every time I want to scan a document.

I think I heard there were some limitations to this kind of functionality, but I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem.

Thanks
    Dave.

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

You would need a network-capable driver from Canon to make it work. Printing works because Apple has implemented port redirection in software for the USB-only print driver.

3. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Some Brother models purport to do what you want. Model numbers will end with "N" (networkable) or "W" (wireless). But that won't help you, you already have your AIO. Gotta love the Canon's, though! I won't buy anything else!

4. kingpause macrumors newbie

Can somebody confirm this? I'm reading elsewhere you can't scan via airport, period. (Well, some HPs apparently can, but it's a fluke)

I've loaded all the latest drivers from Canon for my 470, and still no wireless scanning.