Scanning/Printing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wayland1985, Mar 12, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I have a Canon MP970, and can't get it to work for the life of me.

I had it working via ethernet, but now it doesn't even show. I tried reinstalling software and reconfiguring, but still nothing.

I can print via USB, but Scanning doesn't work at ALL.

Any help would be great. (Should I just un-install all of the canon software and try and see if Apple's built in drivers are any good??? If so, how do I uninstall it?! I can't find the files anywhere!)

2. twig macrumors member

A couple of ideas: make sure you've got the newest drivers from the Canon website, try Image Capture for scanning.

3. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I see. Image capture works. I wonder if you can do it over the Airport?

There are no new drivers, so I'm going to give up on working with the network printing. Any idea on how to uninstall all of the files that came with the printer? I can't seem to find the folders in which they were installed. Am I going to have to reformat?

4. twig macrumors member

I've got an 'MP Navigator EX' app and a couple of user guides in a 'Canon Utilities' folder in Applications. There's also a bunch of stuff in: Library/Application Support/Canon
    Library/Printers/Canon
    Library/Preferences/Canon
    and probably a couple of others in your user library. I'm not sure how much of this you can delete and still have the printer/scanner function.