Scanning Raw File System - iPhone

vkuzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Does anyone know a way/software to connect to iPhone on windows and scan Raw File System using image recovery software. There are many image recovery software that do a great job, however all of them require valid path in windows (mapped to a letter), and seems when iPhone is connected, Internal Storage is not assigned a letter.

Any pointers and suggestions will be appreciated.

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013
Does anyone know a way/software to connect to iPhone on windows and scan Raw File System using image recovery software. There are many image recovery software that do a great job, however all of them require valid path in windows (mapped to a letter), and seems when iPhone is connected, Internal Storage is not assigned a letter.

Any pointers and suggestions will be appreciated.

The only way to do this is by jailbreaking.

vkuzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Install OpenSSH via Cydia and use sshfs from your computer to mount it.
I can mount device over sshfs, and read files, but I don't believe this will allow me to scan this drive bit by bit with recovery soft wares. Am I wrong?

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013
I can mount device over sshfs, and read files, but I don't believe this will allow me to scan this drive bit by bit with recovery soft wares. Am I wrong?
Why don't you try it and find out? You already have the jailbreak, it takes less than a minute to install OpenSSH and mount it via sshfs.

vkuzin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Why don't you try it and find out? You already have the jailbreak, it takes less than a minute to install OpenSSH and mount it via sshfs.
Sorry for making wrong impression, I will definitely give it a try this Saturday when I'll be back home. I'll post my findings here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.