Scanning software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bosep, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Bosep macrumors regular

Is there any good scanning software to the mac? I've used the already existing one in Mac os but I want a more complex one. Does it exist?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Scanning software comes with your All-in-One printer or standalone scanner. I don't think there's a universal application that works with scanners other than the Image Capture application which I'm assuming you've tried and not been overly impressed with.

3. Bosep thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I know, that one that comes with the scanner is not very good either.
    On Windows there were a few really good "universal" apps tho, so I hope it exist on the mac platform as well.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Define really good.

5. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

is this a trick question?

document>scan into desired format>output into native program bundled with printer or into photoshop. such programs can be found in scanners from companies like canon which allows you to manipulate scan styles so you can get higher resolution depending on the media you are working with at a given time. i've used a ton of scanner over the years as a researchers and they all pretty much do the same thing to produce quality work suited for journal articles in academic publications. if you wanted more editing abilities, you could do so with a number of proggy suites but they all ultimately did the same damn thing.

define really good? i dunno, maybe you wanted a software bundled with a WoW account so you can scan and raid at the same time?

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What about Image Capture, it comes installed.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The problem with phrases like really good, best, suck, and others used on this forum is that they are personal preference rather than operational definition. You jumped in and responded for Bosep. You explained what you would have meant by the phrase really good if you had used it. You did not, however, explain what Bosep meant when he used the phrase.