scanning

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sad but true, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sad but true macrumors newbie

How do I scan onto my macbook pro, from hp 2610 photosmart wireless , I can print, but never tried scanning
    Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Doesn't the printer come with scanning software?
    If not, you can try Preview > File > Import from scanner.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. sad but true thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven't got the option "import from scanner" in Text Edit

4. simsaladimbamba

TextEdit ≠ Preview (located in Macintosh HD / Applications or found via Spotlight (CMD+SPACEBAR > "preview"))

And what about the PRINTER SOFTWARE, that comes with your printer? It doesn't INCLUDE any SCANNING SOFTWARE? I guess you want to scan TEXT and have it EDITABLE? Surely the SCANNER comes with OCR SCANNING SOFTWARE?

5. sad but true thread starter macrumors newbie

If not, you can try Preview > File > Import from scanner.
    thanks that works

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

He's running an HP printer. They next to never supply OSX drivers, and besides Apple supports it natively.

Stop trying to be a snarky version of GGJStudios. You're epic failing.

7. simsaladimbamba, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

simsaladimbamba

Really? So in my first reply
    I linked to official HP software for that printer and scanner, which includes scanning software. When one clicks the MORE INFO* text on the page I linked to, one gets transported here, maybe I should have linked there instead.
    I always forget to spoon feed the masses due to their inability to actually READ information they are given.

THE BELOW IS A SCREENSHOT (SLIGHTLY ENHANCED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR PEOPLE UNABLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES) OF THE OFFICIAL HP 2610 DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS PAGE, WHICH INCLUDES SCANNING SOFTWARE - and no, my CAPS lock key works fine
    [​IMG]

* That MORE INFO text is an actual link, this is how links look like, and links are a way to refer to another website with more information, though I guess, one shouldn't click on them, as feeding them the actual spoon would be much nicer.

/rant

Stupid. I mean, come on, why attack me, when all I did, was providing actual help, even though I did it in a snarky way, just because the OP can't read?

**** that.