ScanSnap portable

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by glenthompson, Mar 14, 2016.

1. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Any one using a ScanSnap portable model like the ix100 or the 1100 models? I currently have a S1500m which works great but find it a little cumbersome when traveling. My scanning requirements when traveling are just a few documents, mostly one to two pages each. Something that doesn't require a lot of desk space or a power outlet would be great.

2. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I have them all. I started with the S1300i and it was awesome. I upgraded to the s1500m and it's awesome. I ended up with the S1100 for those few times when I travel.

It works great. But, it's much slower compared to the other models, as to be expected for a portable unit. It's page at a time, and if you want to use it without the power brick, it will take up 2 usb ports on your machine (I was using a MacBook Air.) I like it a lot, but I LOVE the other models.

I got the carrying case for the 1100, it's very small and portable. Just know it's slower and one page at a time. If you are interested, I'd be willing to sell mine since I work from home full time now. PM me.

3. glenthompson thread starter macrumors 68000

glenthompson

PM sent