Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
So I'm sittin at my MacBook Pro 1.83, just surfin and for the first time since I opened it in it's refrub box, no whine! it whined a little at first but I can't even hear a thing anymore. It never really bothered me anyway but this is kinda cool.

EDIT: Restarted and it came back weird.... oh well it was fun for a total of two minutes :p

It doesn't bother me just thought it was kinda cool. I still don't understand why AppleCare its fixing those whining MBP's when it is clearly not a hardware issue IMO. It doesn't whine under windows in bootcamp, so does this mean it is just a software fix?

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Be Happy, these issues with the MBs have been overhyped. The MB is a great machine, I'm very happy with mine. Also, a little noise here and there is normal with any powerful notebook. So enjoy.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
i have a macbook, and i have noticed something... Its summer.
My macbook only moos or whines or gets audable when it is used for long periods and gets hot. In the summer the weather is hotter and noises happen more often. I think in the winter when peoples house temps are lower thier wont be as many issues with noises from the machines...

So perhaps it was just cold...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.