Scared to Place an Order

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mbhforum, Apr 15, 2015.

1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I have 2 orders for 4/24-5/8 since I am not sure which one I will keep and want to now place a third order to get my wife a watch for Mother's Day, however I am afraid Apple will then cancel one of my existing orders due to me reaching some sort of limit (which has yet to be formally announced, but have seen threads with them doing so). Any thoughts on this?

2. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Use a different payment source and get it shipped to a different address, maybe?

3. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Why not just ask an online chat representative if you can order more than two?

4. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

does your wife have a separate Apple id? If so you could order it that way and you should be fine or you could always create a new one for your order.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Without a doubt don't use the same apple id or credit card.

6. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Most watches ship dates are now June - well after Mother's Day.

7. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Supposed to be a surprise! I don't trust any of the online reps or retail store employees. It seems there is so much confusion on this launch, there is misinformation everywhere. I might just wait until next week when my watches ship and then place an order. Probably won't get here by Mother's Day, so I will just print out a photo and stick it in a card. LOL

----------

Fortunately, she wants the Milanese 38 which is still 4-6 weeks. Could get here by Mother's Day if I order now and if Apple is under-promising like they usually do.

8. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Keep one, gift one. When she sees it and says she would have liked a different style go through the process of swapping the one you don't want.

9. whatos macrumors 6502a

It seems like waiting a bit would be a safe choice, especially after your initial order arrives. Just a guess but it does seem like compared to iPhone launches, this one is a little easier for Apple to manage.

10. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

At this point I would wait. You never know. It could be you can get these on Ebay for retail or less by the time you would get it, or other places.

No need to stress out about it.

11. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

There's a Tim Cook email with the 2 watch limit. So it's been semi-formally announced.

12. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I would wait until your watches shipped next week and then place your order.

13. Jungo macrumors regular

if I were to SURPRISE my wife with an apple watch ????

Yep, she'd be smacking me for days.

14. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am just going to use a different credit card and my work shipping with guest checkout to be on the safe side.