Scary iPhone Halloween Story (True Story)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

I was just jailbreaking my CDMA iPhone 4 on iOS 5 with redsn0w 0.9.9b7. I later forgot that the jailbreak is tethered, and rebooted my phone not plugged in. I went to the bathroom and left my iPhone on my desk as I expected it to be stuck at the apple logo. As I was "sitting down" I was shocked to hear the startup sound of the phone from across the room. I jumped up to check it out, and to my surprise, the phone will reboot and safari and mail and cydia work with out booting tethered! I don't know what happened but somehow I have an untethered jailbreak. I rebooted a few more times and it worked. Does anyone know why or how this is happening? I am not using SemiTether by the way. If I can replicate this I could make a guide for others to get it to. It also boots up in about 10 seconds which is weird. It is a haunted iPhone.

And Yes I know what I am talking about, this is an iPhone on iOS 5, no bs.

2. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

3. ignus graius macrumors regular

Have you rebooted since? Have you tried installing any packages?

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Do you have any packages installed that use mobilesubstrate? I'm pretty sure that's what keeps the iPhone from booting.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

It is normal since you have not installed any packages containing mobilesubstrate. :D

7. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I have rebooted many times and it still works. Everything works when I turn it on including Cydia, mail, safari without booting tethered. I do not have any packages installed yet because I do not want to screw it up.

8. kre62 macrumors 68000

Nothing to see here, move along