Scenario, ATT Turns on MMS, the network Crashes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by computermilk, Jun 19, 2009.

1. computermilk macrumors 6502

First off, I'm not an ATT basher or iPhone.

Actually my 3Gs just came in the mail (fedex) 10 minutes ago and it's Syncing with iTunes right now!!! WOOOT!!

So anyways, Yeah I actually love ATT, here in D.C. I don't have a single complaint...

But alas I'm a realist and I think I know what's going on here people.

First off with all the Blogs, and Articles and forum posts I think it's CLEAR as day that ATT can turn the switch on right now and MMS will work, Proof of this is solid with people who have actually done many tweaks to get it working for a short time. I think really ATT just needs to flip the switch...

But the million dollar question is... Why haven't they?

Simple, Think of all the 3G users, + 3Gs users now, who will also have video.

Just THINK of that day when it does turn on, what if it's today? or tomorrow.

Imagine the twitter feeds blowing up, "OMG ATT Turned on MMS! Woohoo!!"

Then as it spreads around, news of it, I give it around 2 hours for almost 80% of the entire MMS iPhone base to find out, and what of course NATURALLY will they do?

Send MMS Messages, Why? because it's easy to do on the iPhone and it's also rewarding and pleasant. I figure that DAY Alone the network will crash. Following by them shutting it back off again.

Even if it didn't crash that day, iPhone users will actually create MMS Traffic never before seen i figure.

Just like Safari Web Surfing, when iPhones came out who became the #1 traffic user for mobile web surfing? the iPhone.

It will be the same for MMS Messages, iphone users even though they SAY they won't (don't front) You know you will use it, and youll use it every day.

So this folks is why it's not on right now, I predict a HUGE crash when it does get turned on. :(

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

it isn't a 'switch' to flip.

they have to manually remove 'MMS Opt Out' from thousands upon thousands of iPhone 3G accounts. They didn't plan ahead apparently.

3. Axl Rose macrumors regular

i hope not, att needs to get there **** together, horrible carrier, overpriced and lazy.

4. jsh macrumors regular

I think that's a load of BS they're feeding to hide the fact that for whatever reason, they're not ready.

5. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Though it'd be much simpler to just go to the DB and run

Delete MMSOptOutCode from Phones where PhoneID = 'iphone'

6. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

Manually remove?

Fella... this is the year 2009.

7. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

The world ends, and a million users cry about it on MR...

8. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Don't you mean 'iPhone1,2' and 'iPhone2,1' and account contains 'SMSPlan'? I do find it interesting that most were so sure that Apple would never add MMS. It was a dead end, old tech and email was the new hotness (giggle). It would seem pretty easy to figure AT&T thought the same as well. I mean with Apple telling them squat why would they think otherwise?

9. ~Phi macrumors regular

In my opinion, it seems like AT&T oversold their network.

10. computermilk thread starter macrumors 6502

This could be the case...

But you know what? at the end of the day, I don't listen to ATT bashing, seriously though they are a business and they honestly have not DONE that bad... good customer service from every experience i've had and my bill is always the same.

My signal here in D.C. is amazing.. i just can't complain.

I do see that they've made some bad choices, or LACK thereof in the network upgrade department.. i feel like they need to move a bit faster..

I have to say , i'm pretty much sick and tired of all the verizon ball huggers talking smach, yeah so verizon has a stronger network?

GUESS What dildos, they are the ones who turned down the original iPhone offer in the first place, kind of ironic now everyone is QQUing and crying about it not being on Verizon.

~On a side note, anyone else hearing on the radio all the blackberry commercials today? I feel like TODAY they've amped up Marketing HUGE on the radio.. i hear them nonstop.

11. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

I highly doubt it will crash.
    AT&T supports MMS traffic for every other device they sell that is MMS capable.