Schedule e-mail to send later in mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Poohjlv, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Poohjlv macrumors newbie

I often have to send reminders, so I compose the email well before it is due to go out (hours or even days in advance). Is there a way that I can schedule drafts to be sent automatically?

I have tried to get the hang of Automator, but it's a little too complicated for me. If this is my only solution, though, I would appreciate pointers about how to create the right kind of work flow.

I am using the most up to date version of mail and OSX.

Thanks!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, there's a script here that claims to use iCal to do what you want. I haven't tried it though, so I can't guaranty it'll work. Otherwise this thread explains how you can use Automator and iCal to do it. :)

3. belizefan macrumors newbie

scheduled email

thanks madjew, the first link you provided works well; in about a minute of no work i had a scheduled mail script up and running. it comes packaged with some other scripts for improving Mail function, which may be of interest to people. again, the link is here:
    http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/Mail_Scripts.html

4. rickpoet macrumors member

"Send Later" Mail plugin released

ChungaSoft just realeased a plugin for Mail which does exactly this...provides a second "send" button right next to the main one which opens up a dialog box allowing you to specify the date and time for the email you have open to send. Then the message sites in your outbox and sends when you told it to. Much easier and slicker way to do this than using Automator. http://www.chungwasoft.com/sendlater/

5. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

I don't want to commit a faux-pas by resurrecting an old thread, but I wanted to say that I was looking for this *exact* solution to help manage my email communications.

I am the president of a local not-for-profit in my ever-declining spare time, and I've found it absolutely critical to manage the time I spend dealing with intra-day emails for that organization.

The Chungwasoft plugin that rickpoet mentioned has already paid for itself by allowing me to schedule a bunch of emails to be sent at the end of my day, thus stopping a ton of back-and-forth that distracts me from the work that pays my mortgage. Now everyone knows when to expect responses from me.

6. rickpoet macrumors member

I think I'm going to write to Chungwasoft and tell them it's time for my commission check. ;)

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

This is a standard feature of the Postbox mail app. I replaced Mail.app with it a long while ago and haven't looked back.

The entire Postbox app is $5 less than the price of the Mail.app plugin.