Scheduling meeting invitations with iCloud calendar and Google users

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by kevindosi, Jun 15, 2015.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

Hello forum!

I'm organizing a project with a small group of people, and want to keep track of meetings on our respective calendars. Most users have apple products, but a couple have android. I want to set it up so that I can create an event, send out invitations to everyone, and allow them to accept\decline. If they accept, I'd like for the event to show up on their calendar. Is there any way to do this when some people are using google calendar?

The best I could think of was to create events on google calendar, send out the invitations to everyone, and have the iCloud users subscribe to the main google calendar. The problem with that, of course, is that the calendar events will show on your calendar whether you accepted or declined it.

I'd like to find a solution for this that doesn't require a lot of steps and is simple to implement for everyone. Any ideas?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Regular invites from iCloud to Gmail/Google Calendar users work just fine as long as the Google user is, in fact, using both email and calendar from the same account at Google.

3. kevindosi thread starter macrumors regular

Really? So if I invite an android user from my iCloud account, and he accepts, then it will: a) reflect his RSVP on my calendar, and b) show up on his google calendar?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

5. whsbuss, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Really? Hasn't worked like the since forever. Invites across the iCloud/Google ecosystem are not complimentry

EDIT: just to be clear, try canceling an event from iCloud that has an invite sent to a google calendar. Won't delete on the google calendar.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That is true. The iCloud user doesn't have write permissions on the Google user's account. If the event shows up on the Google user's account automatically when originally sent it's because they have "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" set to "Yes", the default.

Isn't the Google user getting a cancellation email? That's as close as you're going to get.

7. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yes they do. So what's required is to let each diverse user(s) know they can only accept successfully. Changes/deletes will require manual intervention.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That's the way I'd prefer it, myself. The recipient can keep his own record of meetings that have been cancelled.