scheduling mutliple times to wake up mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mooney47, Nov 18, 2008.

1. mooney47 macrumors newbie

Is there any way to configure Leopard to automatically wake up at SEVERAL times during the day?

Right now, I have my laptop set up so every morning it does the following things:
    1) 6:30 am - computer automatically wakes itself up (via System Preferences)
    2) 6:35 am - cron job kicks off that runs some Applescript to check for new podcasts
    3) 6:40 am - cron job kicks off that sends new podcasts to iPhone
    4) 6:45 am - computer puts itself back to sleep (also via System Preferences)
    5) 7:00 am - I get up and phone is ready with latest podcasts

What I would like to do is keep that working like it is and also have the computer run through the same sequence right before I get home from work, so that by the time I arrive home from work, I can plug my phone in, sync the phone up and not have to wait for more stuff to download.

The problem is I can only set up one time via System Preferences to automatically have the computer wake itself up. Any ideas?

2. deneenco macrumors member

deneenco

3. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

How about iCal events? That's what I use for my alarms.

4. mooney47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the ideas. I think iCal would be the ideal solution, but, I think I remember looking into this before and I think the computer needs to be awake in order for an iCal event to trigger. Anyways, I'll doublecheck tonight.

The third-party software option I think should work. I'll give the app linked to above a shot.

Thanks for the idears.