Scheduling Software for Tattoo Studio with SMS reminders

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bupkiss100, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Bupkiss100 macrumors newbie

Hi

I run a tattoo studio and want a really simply calendar/mini data base to keep track of my appointments, send out SMS reminders and keep track of customers names/phone numbers.

There seems to be lots on cloud stuff, but struggling to find anything that I can actually install on my mac. Of the odd salon ones that I've found, they are just too complicated, they want you to put in costs, treatments, check clients in and out, record payments ..... really don't want all that stuff. All I need is a name, number, date, time, sms reminder ...... something like iCal but just a little more of a database attached so I can keep a record of customers appointments and their contact details.

Does such a thing exist? Or is there anyone that can create this kind of stuff?

Cheers

Ruth

2. phillydev716 macrumors newbie

phillydev716

MacOS or iOS? Sure there are lots of us that can create this stuff ;)

3. rhett7660, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What about using the following:

Create a gmail account (if you haven't already done so already) of your tattoo shop. Example tattooshopname@gmail.com
    Google/MacOS-iOS Calendar - Keeps up with appointments (set to sync back for a very long time, then you could use the search function for the customers name)
    Google/MacOS-iOS Contacts - Keeps track of your clients (easy to set up reminders in calendar since you can do invites etc) Phone numbers, names, address, nick names, notes etc
    Google Cloud/Dropbox etc to manage artwork, so clients can see and submit files to you. I actually set this up for my Tattoo guy and he loves it. Especially for larger files that you don't want to have to send via email.

This is all just off the top of my head to get you going now.

I am assuming you would want to be able to access this information from any device from any where correct?

There are several pieces of software out there that allow you to keep track of your customers. Google Customer Manager Apps. Yes some will have a lot more than what you need, but there is already probably something out there.

Heck even MS Outlook with contacts, meetings (appointments), etc might be something you could look into also.

4. Bupkiss100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rhett7660
    I'm set up with ical/google contacts ..... but this is currently an addition to the paper diary. I like the way ical works .... it's easy to book a time slot and enter basic info and you can search on it ..... but it's not really a usuable look up database for my needs. And it doesn't have the option to enter a mobile number and timescales for SMS reminders to be automatically sent to the customers.

Phillydev716
    Would you be able to create something like I'm after? I've seen pretty much perfect programs but they all run on chuffin windows which I won't touch anymore.

Cheers
    Ruth

5. phillydev716, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016

phillydev716 macrumors newbie

phillydev716

Send me an email. phillydev716 at gmail

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Gotcha..... re: sms reminders etc.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2016 ---
    I would take your email address out of this thread, instead type it out as follows:

philydev716 at gmail dot com

Wouldn't want bots to spam you.