Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
What apps are essentials for business and school? I have AirShare and iProcrastinate (<3) but what are others. Is there one that I can write which periods I have each day (academic; not menstrual)?

Any ideas? Your favs?

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
As much as I want to recommend iProcrastinate right now, I'm going to recommend 'Things' . It's very easy to set up different areas of work (school/class/business etc) in projects, and it syncs over wifi with mac desktop software.

iProcrastinate, due to lack of wifi sync with desktop app and it's strange interface (the buttons don't really do what you expect them to), just isn't ready yet.
Wait for the re-design and implimentation of syncing.

KC2

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
I used to use a Windows Mobile phone, so my life was dictated by the Tasks feature. Sad to see that Apple can't provide something basic that's comparable.

That said, I use Appigo's ToDo. Yeah, it costs $9.99, but that's a small price to pay for sanity. Plus, it does a damn good job with its interface and ability to view offline tasks.

Another school/business app you might consider, Doju, is a voice recording app. I know a lot of people find it useful to record everything, and then filter through it when studying. I can't recommend one yet, since I haven't really used any of them out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.