School Backpack..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WillJS, Aug 23, 2008.

1. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Well this year (10th grade) my backpack is busting at the seams (literally) to fit all my books and folders in there. The seams near the zippers are already starting to tear.. simply not big enough. I need a backpack that will fit the following supplies comfortably without being to freakishly large:

• 3 1" 3ring binders
    • 1 2" 3ring binder
    • 4 textbooks (approx 1.5"-2" thick each)
    • and some kind of front/top pouch to hold things I can get to quickly such as my Nspire/pencils/etc.

Measuring the depth of the books comes out to around 11-12".

I'm not really looking for anything to flashy, the one I have now is just a Black/Blue Jansport I've had for a year or two. I'd like it to be <$100 but if it is more than that, I might consider it if it is built to last 3 years of high school. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: It doesn't need a space for a laptop.

2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I have a The North Face 'Jester' bag. Excellent brand, i highly recommend the bag, but your load seems too much for it to fit.

I suggest any The North Face bag, go to a store near you that would supply them and see what works for you.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You can't get a normal backpack that big because they don't go far enough back to hold all that stuff. If a backpack stretched that far back, it would throw off your centre-of-gravity too much. To compensate, you'd have to lean forward a lot while you wear your backpack, and that's really bad for your back.

The best and biggest bag for you is the Caribee 17" College Xtend backpack. SEE HERE

I don't know if they have this backpack in the US, but they definitely have Caribee in the US. When full, this backpack is almost too big for me, and I'm 5'10" tall. The bag is enormous, and FAR bigger than the other backpacks mentioned here so far.

4. tresbien macrumors regular

tresbien

dude, you have to carry around all your binders, AND all your textbooks? thats brutal. Good luck with finding something big enough to cram all that in.

5. polar-blair macrumors regular

Why dont you get a locker, You shouldn't be asked to carry all that stuff around at such a young age. (10th grade in the US is that around 13 or 14?) Anyway yeah you should go and ask for locker space to keep those extra books.

6. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

Or just switch your binders to Mead Flex

They only get as thick as the papers you have in there. I got a bunch of these for my last year of college and love them.

7. WillJS thread starter macrumors 65816

WillJS

Yeah we have lockers, but when you have 4 minutes to go from the north wing 2nd floor to the south wing's 1st floor.. there really isn't much time to go to a locker while going through all the other students. :eek:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :)

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You can swap books around during lunch, right?
    15/16

9. Phillyzero macrumors regular

Phillyzero

You could try a garbage bag. But seriously, as long as you know your schedule, dump everything in your locker in the morning and I'm sure it takes 1 minute to switch out 1 binder for the other and get to class. If not, then your school has some issues, and you should totally organize a student walk out.

10. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

North Face.

I've had one for... 5 years and its still in great condition even though I use it 180 days per year. Very high grade materials. Expensive though.

11. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea I love UnderArmour. Right now I have this one http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0051329518050a.shtml but might get this one too http://www.underarmour.com/shop/mens/collegiate/pid8073305-Texas-Tech-Team-Backpack/8073305-001.

UA bags work pretty good for carrying a lot of stuff. Usually Academy carries some so you could check out there to see how big they are in person.

12. fotografica macrumors 68040

13. Roobsa macrumors regular

I'll agree with the North Face recommendations. Although it's not a backpack, I have this bag - Base Camp Messenger Bag - and it's brilliant. I use it to carry my 17" MBP, various books, cables, external hard drives and whatever else I need for uni. It's deceptively spacey.