School Is cool, XD

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Mycatisbigfoot, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

Well I had a G3imac since 2001 and have always used it, and loved it, When i moved to quebec( Yes I live in canada ) (And we are not all nice and we never say a boot, (A bout) )

But At my school I found out they had older apple computers and I got a bit intrested in the older computers and found out that my school is giving away older computer,

Like pentium3 Computer and Macintosh G3's and anything older,

But one day I was at my school, And found some Teacher, (Mr K) He Gave me an old iMac g3 Pink slot loading an lc575 and 10 adb keybord and 3 usb keybords, and i thought that was so cool, then i found out that he is also a mac user and he has had a macintosh, and he has a flower power mac,
    But then a few weeks later i get

A power macintosh 7300 and 7200 and Old apple printer then also an macintosh g3 server that never worked. I also got 3 other imac's and also i got all of the disks, and i thought that was cool but over all I am running 3 G3 imacs and my mac book, and every once in a while i boot the old lc 575 running the last verson of os7 to play some older mac games, But over all i love having over 11 computer apple computers i should say

2. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

COOL!!!

I love it when people get macs from schools. I had a similar experience, my school was literally throwing out old Imac G3s so i took them and had so much fun playing with them

3. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

In a few years im geting there emac lab and thats about 25 emacs and i may get there xserve and i may make them an xgrid, That would be cool to edit movies on XD.....Also I forgot the school is also going to give me a Ton of ibooks over 50 of them , I should do somthing cool with them but i have no clue what tho,I know have an ibook with an emac then what about all of the other ibooks?

....?
    So i would have a desk per emac with an ibbok and 2 cat 5 cables and a fire wire between the ibook and then emac XD

4. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

so m

I envy that so much, mind sending some to boston :D

You should just have a HUGE mac room and have them al running and connected to play supermazewars!

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ha that's pretty sick, at my old college they were about to transfer to a new building and get all new equipment, my friend managed to blag a Quicksilver PowerMac G4, he fixed it up with a decent amount of ram and a good graphics card and gave it to his mum.

Our lecturer literally told us the head of dept. was coming over at any minute, so we had to run through our building with this PM G4, must've looked like such a robbery :p

6. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Not a bad deal. Some years back a teacher I never even had heard I was a Mac guy and asked if I would want some old computers the journalism department was getting rid of. I got about 3 LCII computers, LC575, Laserwriter IIg and a bag of cables. I thought that was pretty cool until she handed me 2 leather Targus bags each with a pristine Powerbook G3 with all the cables, manuals and CD's that came with them. I was pretty excited to say the least.

7. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

I'm very happy whit what i have at the moment and what im geting in a few years as the emacs are still being used as well as the ibooks i will sell most of the ibooks and the emacs as i do not have a use for them, Well i may find a use when i get them, but i am thinking of using somthing like xserve so then i can edit movies in a snap!!! XD, but I do not see the point at the moment, But i am very happy with the lc 575 XD

8. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    Where are you located? If you get mac stuff you don't want, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :D

9. nicinabox macrumors newbie

nicinabox

Same experience here. My college where giving away/selling Emacs so i snagged a 1.25 for £40 and a 1.00 with a 80gb hard drive for free both with apple keyboards, manuals etc. Gotta love colleges :D

10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Good deal!

11. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Congrats on picking up those Older Macs! I've always wanted to own an iMac G3.

My old high school had an iMac G3 just sitting there... wasn't being used and not even plugged in. I was going to take it, but the teacher said that the school is going to sell it. -__-

Seriously, so what if they lose $30 from a student? :mad: :rolleyes:

My new high school has iMac G5's and MacBooks, so no stealing there (just yet). ;)

12. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

Well the School is in canada, (I don't like ehmac much) But my school is in quebec in a small town called ormstown ( Great name Right) and the school is Called CVR ( Thats the most I'm giving out) but the School board thinks that windows is the best as all of the company they deal with uses windows, and they are upgrading to new mac books ( white ones) and running 10.4 on them, ( for the teachers) and for students with ADHD\ADD they give out windows computer ( Ibm crap tops). I'm still waiting on the ibooks. they are upgrading them to wintell also, so none of the students Complain as its not windows, But everyone has an ipod but they hat Macintosh. Why? Itunes is made by apple i tell them and they just laugh at me. XD what ever, They can live in computer hell if they want.But i have converted some people to OSX and they love there old g3 imac's I hooked them up with , The mac's may be old but they get the job done!

13. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

One of my friends got a 800 MHz TiBook for free from a teacher at my old school. There were two things wrong with it. The backlight was broken and both hinges were broken. All it took to fix was some electrical tape and the hinges from his old 550 MHz one that the screen cracked on. EDIT: the hard drive broke too but he bought a 120 GB one for it.