School me on customization

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by trulyimpulse, Jan 2, 2012.

1. trulyimpulse, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

trulyimpulse macrumors newbie

Switched to an iphone 4 a few months ago, and I am pretty much learning something new everyday. I want to customize my dashboard, lock screens, and etc. I have ssh, cydia, and winterboard; however, I don't know how to put everything together. Is this stuff simple? Some questions i have are...

1. Where do i put all these codes in?
    2. How do i transfer themes to my winterboard?
    3. How do i use the themes posted on mbthemes.com
    4. Is everything customized through ssh?

Any help would be very much appreciated. I've been doing research on this forum, but i thought making this thread would help me a little bit more. Sorry for being a noob.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Once jailbroken, and with winterboard installed, all themes go to /Library/Themes. You can delete all the default folders that winterboard installs there to clean it up.

You can use most any FTP program to upload files or other programs like DiskAid, iPhone Explorer, etc.

Your theme folder does not have to end in .theme. You will see themes both ways.

3. trulyimpulse thread starter macrumors newbie

Are there any sites online that have themes i can just transfer to my library on ssh? Or will i have to create my own? Although I jailbroke my phone a few months ago, I am still new to customizing everything so excuse my lack of knowledge.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

MMI, MacThemes and the Post your jailbroken screen on Macrumors is a good start.